Sunday 7 December 2014

Set Design - unit 41

I plan to film in 3 different locations 

Wesley's house
Wesley's garden
Wesley's workshop.

As i want the documentary to be an accurate reflection of Wesley's life and home, i docent plan on changing or rearranging anything in his house, garden or workshop.

I plan to leave everything where it is, although i will think carefully about where to place the camera and the subject in the room.



 For my first interview, I am landing to situate this in the living room. This is because it is a homely and relaxing place to conduct an interview. I plan to follow the rule of thirds and i plan to place him to the right of the screen in a mid shot. I picked this areas as its subtly shows off his work in the background/ on the walls so it emphasises his creativity and achievements.

For my second part of the interview, Wesley will be giving us a tour of the garden. This will be spontaneous and won't be thinking too much into set design as we will be following Wesley and he'll be deciding what he wants to show us. We'll be alternating from focusing the camera on Wesley to focusing it on his models.
Lastly, for the third interview, i will shoot Wesley still, in front of his models and equipment that are in his workshop. I will obey the rule of thirds and the shot will be a close up head shot. I will interview his sitting down talking and also some will be him standing up, working on his current project. I will position the camera so that the audience can see a bit of his desk and what he is working on.

No comments:

Post a Comment